If you are looking for a meatless Taco recipe here is a great one for you. I found this recipe in the Healthy Life Kitchen cookbook by Marilu Henner. I first tried this when my children were young and they didn’t even notice I had changed out the beef for lentils.
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
1 cup Minced Onions
1/2 cup Minced Celery
1 Clove garlic, minced
1 cup Red Lentils
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
2 cup Vegetable Stock or Broth
1 cup Salsa
In large frying pan over medium heat:
1. Add the olive oil & sauté onions, celery & garlic for 5 mins.
2. Stir in lentils, chili powder, cumin & oregano. Cook 1 min.
3. Add Vegetable stock/broth
4. Cover & cook 20 mins or until lentils are tender.
5. Remove lid & cook, stirring often until lentils are thickened—about 10 mins.
6. Add salsa
7. Fill tortillas with mixture & choice of toppings.